Monday, January 26, 2009

The business of Staging and Redesigning

Many people write to me about going into the business of home staging and redesign/decorating.

"It looks like it is a lot of fun"
"I just lost my job so I want to be a stager"
"I have a boring job and I want to do something creative."
"Can I help you stage or decorate?"
And my favorite...." This looks like easy money"

Yes, the actual staging and decorating is fun but that is less than 50% of what I do. How come nobody calls and asks if they can input receipts into Quickbooks? Or ask if they can photocopy handouts? (or write blog posts)

The number 1 task I do with inquiries like this is to educate potential stagers or decorators that you are running a business.

If you just lost your job and need to pay rent or mortgage, starting a new business may not be for you. It could take years to build up your business to consistently make that type of money. If you are still determined to enter this field, I welcome you!

The Home Stylist offers aspiring entrepreneurs a very helpful service with Business Advice Consultation. Learn if this business if for you and if you have what it takes to make it a success. Get insights on the steps you need to take to launch your own successful home staging or interior decorating business. You know you have been dreaming about this. Arranging a business consultation is your first step!

No comments: