Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fox Run of Orchard Park: A decorating project that makes me happy and sad

I was thrilled to be recently hired to decorate two model homes for a fabulous Full service Lifecare Retirement Community called Fox Run of Orchard Park.

I was so glad to get this project but maybe for reasons that are not so obvious. In the last 4 months my grandma and then my grandfather passed away. I miss them so much. To lose them both so close together was hard but not totally unexpected. They were married for 66 years and they just could not be apart.

At Fox Run, the residents I see are very sharp, very active and fully independent. They remind me of my grandparents. (pictured here while grandpa was on leave during WWII)

Decorating the models at Fox Run makes me a little sad because I miss my grandparents but also a little happy because I enjoy being around seniors. I think Grandparents are one of the coolest categories of people on earth. They have lived history. They have a lot of wisdom. All they usually want from you is a conversation.

So if you still have your grandparents - give them a big hug or a phone call. And have them check out Fox Run of Orchard Park. It is really nice! (I would live there if they would let me)

I'll tell you more about the decorating in future posts

No comments: